1. Important safety information
Please read this and other Infinite Automation device guidelines carefully. Any failure to follow the instructions provided by Infinite Automation may be dangerous or cause a breach of the law.
The manufacturer, distributor, and/ or reseller will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from a failure to follow any, and all instructions in this guide or in other guidelines provided by Infinite Automation.
By law, any electrical installation work must be carried out by a licensed electrician. You can check your electrician is licensed online. Electricians are required to provide you with a uniquely numbered Certificate of Compliance Electrical Work (CCEW) to show that the work has been tested and complies with the regulations.
Infinite Automation can provide you with a list of accredited installation electricians in your area.
2. Installing the Infinite Automation Device
The Infinite Automation Device may be installed behind any modern GPO, power switch plate, or push button switch plate and setup is usually very simple.
Please follow the steps below:
- Shut off the main circuit breaker of the premises prior to any installation work being carried out.
- Preparing connection wires. Use the wire stripper to remove cable insulation and expose 5 to 10 mm of bare cable.
- Insert the exposed cables into the appropriate switch terminal (ensuring no loose strands of wire are astray) and tighten terminal screws
3. Installation Diagram IA10A2G Infinite Automation Device
- Loosen the terminal screws and ensure adequate space to insert exposed cable.
- Connect cables correctly as shown in diagram IA10A2G and double check all connections carefully.
- Ensure exposed cables are fully inserted into the terminal and there are no loose strands of wire.
- Terminals must be tightened adequately as per Australian standards, to ensure cable doesn’t come out after installation.
- Ensure neutrals are connected. N & LN must not loop anywhere and should be connected as shown in diagram IA10A2G to provide accurate power consumption data.
4. Gang box Installation
We recommend that a Gang box is used in the case of external, non-insulated or surface mounting conditions such as roof cavities.
Please follow guide below for cabling and note that installation is the same as in diagram IA10A2G above.
Steps to install gang box
- Connect all cables as per cabling guide IA10A2G to switch terminals.
- Place the Switch inside the gang box towards the back of the box.
- Position the cables towards the back of the box ensuring there are no exposed cables outside the box.
- Reinstall the cover onto the gang box ensuring no cables are pinched in the process.
5. Restore Power
Restore power to the premises at the main circuit breaker or fuse
Device is compatible to maximum current for each gang as follows:
Output: 240VAC 50/60Hz
Load Max: 10A
Max standby power: <0.7W
Power measurement accuracy: + or – 3W
Dimensions: 89 x 70 x 26 mm
Accepted Input for L: 100 – 240VAC, 50/60Hz
External Switch Voltage Requirements:
L and N input 100 – 240VAC, with the external switch also input 100 – 240VAC to
S1 or S2 connection.
Must be installed indoors or inside a weatherproof box in outdoor areas
Should be located in a dry location as any moisture entry may cause device failure
Surface mount should be installed in a fire resistant plastic box.
Compatible wiring size for our connectors: 12AWG – 26AWG.
Factory Reset: To reset device, turn the wall switch on and off 7 consecutive times, this will reset the hardware.
2 way switches with LED indicator: Do not wire LED indicator across wall switches and terminals 1 & 2 (this only works with conventional wiring). Installing our device this way will cause S1 (or S2) to switch on and off rapidly which will inadvertently reset the device. Please refer to the diagram below for 2-way switching with LED Indicators.
- All installation work must be performed by a licensed, qualified electrician.
- The Infinite automation device installs behind any standard lighting switch plate, GPO or momentary push button switch plate. If the device is installed in a roof cavity or non-insulated environment the electrician must use a junction box.
- All Infinite automation devices must be installed as per standard guidelines and requirements.
- Due to Infinite Automation’s commitment to continuous improvement specifications may be modified without notice.