1. Important safety information
Please read this and other Infinite Automation device guidelines carefully. Any failure to follow the instructions provided by Infinite Automation may be dangerous or cause a breach of the law.
The manufacturer, distributor, and/ or reseller will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from a failure to follow any, and all instructions in this guide or in other guidelines provided by Infinite Automation.
By law, any electrical installation work must be carried out by a licensed electrician. You can check your electrician is licensed online. Electricians are required to provide you with a uniquely numbered Certificate of Compliance Electrical Work (CCEW) to show that the work has been tested and complies with the regulations.
Infinite Automation can provide you with a list of accredited installation electricians in your area.
2. Install the Infinite Dry Contact
The infinite switch setup is very simple. It works with only 3-wire (with neutral). Please follow the steps below:
- Shut off the main circuit breaker of your home for safety during the installation and ensure the wires are not short circuited during the installation which will cause damage to the Infinite Switch
- Preparing connection wires. Use the wire stripper to cut the metallic part of the connection wire and make sure the length of the metallic part is about 5mm. Strip the cord sheath and insulation and prepare flex cord as required for installation. Slip the bushing over the flex cord
3. Installation Diagram – Infinite Switch
- Loosen the terminal screws and ensure adequate space to insert the stripped cable
- Connect wires correctly as shown in the diagram and double check all the connections carefully.
- Ensure bare wires are fully inserted into the terminal and there are no loose strands of wire.
- Terminals must be tightened adequately as per Australian standards to ensure the wire doesn’t come out after installation.
- Ensure all the conductors are secured tightly by terminal screws.
4. Gang box Installation
Gang box is used in case of non-insulated or surface mounting conditions. Please follow guide below for cabling. It is same as installation diagram above.
Steps to install gangbox
- Connect all cables as per cabling guide to switch connectors. Place the Switch inside the gang box towards the back of the box.
- Position the cables towards the back of the box.
- Reinstall the Switch to the gang box.
- Reinstall the cover onto the gang box.
5. Restore Power
Restore power at the circuit breaker or fuse
Device is compatible to max currents for each gang as per below:
Load Max: 10A
Max standby power: <0.7W
Power measurement accuracy: + or – 3W
Dimensions: 89 x 70 x 26 mm
Accepted Input for L: 100 – 240V~, 50/60Hz
External Switch Voltage Requirements:
L and N input 100 – 240 V~
Environment of Installation:
Must be installed indoors or in a weatherproof box.
Compatible wiring size for our connectors: 12AWG – 26AWG.
Factory Reset: 7 consecutive magnet touch with reed switch will reset the hardware.
Use Cases: Garage door, Roller shutter, Swing gates, Sliding Gates, Blinds etc with an electric motor
Important Note: If the product is used for the garage door (or Momentary Pulse) application, set 1 second timer on the switch.
- All the installation work must be performed by a qualified electrician.
- Electrician must use junction box in an exposed environment.
- The Infinite DryContact Switch must be installed as per standard guidelines and requirements.
- Specifications may be modified without notice due to continuous improvement.